Tell us what you love and hate about Sketch
almost 5 years ago from Jan Semler, Digital Design Nomad
Just received the newsletter from Bohemian, i thought i share what i wrote them, may others would share as well?
What do you love about Sketch?
Improvement of nearly 400% faster workflow than in PS, which i used before. A lot of plugins which come in really handy. All the Devs i know love sketch so i love it too. Super easy workflow, thats why. It is stable (execpt update is coming).
What do you hate about Sketch?
- Too much small and little changes, big changes aren't coming and when they come they sometimes broken or got a little feature set. (Prototyping is cool, but others do more here: FramerX & Invision Studio, Sketch Cloud is Cool, takes ages to upload)
- Bugs, Bugs, Bugs - Guys Quality Management!!! If a new version comes out I won't install it I wait after X.1 comes out which fixes glitches/bugs.
- We use Sketch always for production within little timeframes for client projects it is no good when we update and docs might be broken or sketch is unuseable
- Graphic glitches, don't bug me really but it is annoying
What feature do you need in Sketch?
- Symbol as Masks
- Finally a better Color management regarding design system (Color Symbols/Masks are a Pain)
- Best Hand Off Feature (I used Zeplin, Sympli, Invision – i hate them) I want a Solution from Sketch (Would pay for it)
- Symbol Types, for example: "Symbol Type Icons" where color changes are a property of the symbol type without setting it up.
- Better Textstyle Handling. I hate textstyles, we need a way better solution. One Style for Left, Right, Center, make them Chooseable would be a huge time saver Maybe "Symbol Type Text"?
- Library fixing for certain docs. I have several libs and i use Sketch Runner when i search for a certain symbol it shows also other results from other unused libs.
- Please, Please, Please add plain colors on the gradient tab. This is pain.
- Symbol States: Create one symbol and create states, for example: Inputfield Unfilled, Filled, Error, etc. (Could be cool down the road regarding Prototyping)
- Symbol Prototyping create flows within symbols / micro interactions
- In general better text editing, for example i can't underline one word in a textfield. All the text will be underlined.
- Symbol Margins/Padding
- Better Page Management (Folders/Groups)
- Better Search (Missing the Slice Filtering)
Login to Comment
You'll need to log in before you can leave a comment.Login
New accounts can leave comments immediately, and gain full permissions after one week.Register now