I have been on an old film binge. I am kind of curious on what DN's favorite classic films are, and if you guys want to get specific, classic film titles.
I have 2001 looping on one of my monitors as screensaver :D
Saul Bass was a genius!
Cary Grant • Arsenic and old lace https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic_and_Old_Lace_(film)
• An affair to remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Affair_to_Remember
• Operation Petticoat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Petticoat
• The ghost and Mrs Muir https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_and_Mrs._Muir
• The man in the white suit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_White_Suit
• Casablanca https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_(film)
• Citizen Kane https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane
• 12 Angry men https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Angry_Men_(1957_film)
• The African Queen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_African_Queen_(film)
I'm in my mid-40's now, and when I was a young kid, I used to watch old black and white movies with my folks all the time.... In Canada, back in the day, there used to be this show on TV called 'Magic Shadows' that basically only showed old classic black and white flicks...it was awesome :)
My kids (14 and 11) have watched a bunch of these with me now, and loved them, which just goes to show that a great story is still a great story, no matter how old it is, or whether it's in black and white etc...they got just as big a kick out of them now that I did back in the late 70's/early 80's...
There are so many, but favorite American classics include:
• North by Northwest
• It Happened One Night
• The Philadelphia Story
• His Girl Friday
• The Lady Eve
• Bringing Up Baby
• Anything directed by Billy Wilder (Some Like it Hot, Sunset Boulevard, The Fortune Cookie, Stalag 17, etc)
That annyas blog is super fresh!
This is a great Instagram account of film titles:
This is awesome
Airplane! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane!
The Gods Must Be Crazy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy
Dr Strangelove - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove