I'm a UX designer and after seeing what the new iPad could do with the Apple Pencil I figured it could replace my laptop 99% of the time. And for the past few weeks, it has. Multi tasking and global keyboard shortcuts really make it productive. I am using a few tools listed below, but I'd love to hear from the DN community what are your experiences and what other tools you might recommend.
For mocking up
- I'm doing rough mocks with Paper by 53
- Then I move over to Adobe Comp CC for higher fidelity mocks
- I use Paper by 53 for early guerilla testing, I love it because people can easily annotate the mocks and the paper-likeness is very approachable.
- I will start using Notability to record audio and take notes during interviews. It has this neat feature where clicking on the recording's timeline will highlight the note you were taking at the time and vice-versa. Very useful for me as I am a slow typer and miss a lot when I am also moderating.
For my productivity needs
- I use 2Do task manager following a very good review at MacStories
- My clipboard manager is Copied although I don't find it so great, I might give Clip+ another try.