Thousands of stories and comments get posted to Designer News every day, and unfortunately spam/offensive content has become increasingly evident. We’ve taken note and heard your requests, and today we’ve got a solution for you to help report it!
If you see a story that falls under Unacceptable Content:
- Go to the story page in question (/stories/story-to-report)
- Click the drop icon to the right of the story title
- Your browser will prompt you, “Report this story to moderators?”
If you feel a comment disobeys our cardinal rule Be Nice:
- Find the comment in question
- Click the flag icon below the comment (next to Reply)
- Your browser will prompt you, “Report this comment to moderators?”
If you feel a user’s actions falls under Inappropriate Activity:
- Go to the user profile page in question (/users/1/user-to-report)
- Scroll to bottom of page
- Click, Report this account (next to “joined X months ago”)
- Your browser will prompt you, “Report this user to moderators?”
Last but not least, for anyone that would like to help us even further by becoming a Moderator, send me an email! - email@example.com.
Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!
Remember, be nice. Or else. :)