Ask DN: Where are all the UI engineers?

over 7 years ago from Mattan Ingram,

  • Tiago DuarteTiago Duarte, over 7 years ago

    I find myself on the other side of the spectrum, where it's hard to find companies looking for someone specialised in CSS/SASS/HTML.

    I thought about calling myself a UI Engineer/Developer, but I've come across people who claim to be so and they generally are designers with some UI development skills, so I kept "Front-end Developer".

    I guess this is all due to the huge rise of development in JS and since it's all technically part of the "front end", there's definitely a lot of confusion. This situation actually increased my interest even more in expanding my knowledge of JS. And I'm sure a lot of beginners a few years back got caught in this gold rush for JS skills and focused right on that, not caring too much about CSS.

    Side note: it seems like you're looking for a full time engineer. If that changes and you're interested in working with a freelancer, hit me up! hello [at] tiagoduarte [dot] com

    3 points